At U. S. Steel Košice (USSK) we value the health and safety of every individual working on our assets. Our commitment to safety has led us to evaluate and enhance the way we collect and manage information for our contractors and subcontractors.
Effective September 2017 USSK has partnered with ISN (www.isn.com) to help us achieve our goal of zero incidents and ensuring every person goes home safely, each and every day. ISNetworld run by ISN is an online contractor management service that assists companies in reporting information to their customers (like USSK) to assist in streamlining the qualification process, which benefits both USSK and your company.
The subscription to ISNetworld is required for all contractors for which at least one of the following criteria applies during the work for USSK and in the premises of USSK:
- Works with high fire risk and "Hot Work" permission required during work
- Self-Containing Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) is used at work
- Comes into contact with Chemicals substances and preparations dangerous to life and human health and to the environment
- During the work it is required to adhere to the Life Threatening Programs: Energy control program, Elevated work and fall prevention, Confined space entry program, Mobile equipment program (except personal motor vehicles), Gas Hazard Management Program, Crane Operation and Load Handling Program, Molten Metal Employee Exposure Program.
In order for your company to be considered as contractor qualified to perform services/works at USSK, we require to complete/submit the following information in ISNetworld:
- Company Profile
- Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Questionnaire
- Written Safety Policies, including Life Threatening Policies
- Certificate of Insurance
If your company is a current subscriber to ISNetworld, there is no additional fee; however, please ensure your company has completed the requirements specific to USSK. If your company is new to ISNetworld, there is an annual fee for this service. USSK believes the benefits to both parties will far exceed any associated costs.
For more information about ISNetworld and the benefits of being a subscribed contractor, please contact the ISN Customer Service Team using the information provided below:
Phone number: 0800 606 549