U. S. Steel Košice, s.r.o. is producing SAW (Submerged arc welding) spiral pipes on two welding lines with annual production capacity 80,000-100,000 tons per year. Spiral welded steel pipes are made of low carbon as well as micro alloyed HSLA steel from hot rolled substrate produced at U. S. Steel Košice.
U. S. Steel Košice produces pipes in sizes ranging from 406 mm to 1422 mm outside diameter, wall thickness from 5,0 mm to 14,2 mm and length from 8 m to 18 m.
The pipes are delivered in accordance with EN, DIN, API and ISO standards or in accordance with agreed terms or standards.
Pipe production has a long tradition with the first spiral welded pipe manufactured in 1960 as the first product produced at the plant. For almost 50 years we have supplied most European countries and the countries of the former Soviet Union. The main sectors supplied include pipes for the transport of gas, oil and water as well as pipes for the construction markets.
Each pipe undergoes a series of non-destructive tests: - ultrasonic test, X-ray test, pressure test and visual inspection of surface and welds from outside and from inside the pipe. All results are recorded and archived.
Certificates and Quality Control System
The production process is certified according to EN ISO 9001; EN ISO 14001; API Spec.Q1 standards by American Petroleum Institute.
In addition, the high quality of our pipes has been confirmed by following product certificates:
• Certification of Quality Assurance System for Material Manufacturer acc. to Directive 97/23/EC and AD 2000-Merkblatt W0
• Certification of Factory Production Control according to EN 10219-1 for Structural Sections
• Certification of Conformity with EN ISO 3834-2
• Certification of Conformity with Act No. 264/1999 Coll. and Act No.90/1998 Coll. (Slovak legislation)
• Certification of Conformity for Ukrainian and Polish market
Principal Fields of Application
• Gas distribution pipelines
• Crude oil pipelines
• Hot water conduits
• Potable water distribution
• Sewage conduits
• Civil engineering and structural purposes
Pipes are delivered without surface treatment. Surface insulation provided for by a third party is subject to prior agreement
Any special requirements exceeding the above standards are to be agreed upon before concluding the contract.
List of completed projects you can found here.